Friday, August 29, 2008

Baby Cade

I can't believe that our baby is finally here! The first couple of days have been overwhelming, exciting, nervous, and almost every other emotion there is possible. On August 26 we got a phone call at 6:30am saying that we could come to the hospital at 7:15 and be induced. So we gathered our things showered and left. After checking in I changed into a robe and they started my IV. Which took 5 tries to finally get it in a good spot. The doctor came in at 8:30am and checked, I was still 3cm dialated and 50% effaced but the doctor also broke my water. I was hooked up to the monitors and asked if I felt like I was having contractions. I didn't feel them but even before the pitocin I was contracting. But then they started the pitocin and the fun began. We walked a little and watched movies the contractions weren't bad at first but after a while I decided I needed to try walking to ease the pain. It didn't help too much and I felt like I was going to throw up, I decided to get the epidural. I made it till noon and I was 6cm 100% effaced when I got it. After that I was in heaven. We watched more movies. At about 3:15 I guess the contractions were measuring nicely because the nurse asked if she could check. I was 10cm and 100% effaced and she asked if I wanted to push. I said sure it was going nicely and they had called the doctor to tell him at about 4:30 to really come to the room. Then the doctor had to be paged to come immeditaly and the nurse got other nurses in the room because she didn't think that the doctor would make it in time. I had to hold in about 3 or 4 contractions while they finished setting everything up and the doctor got ready. Doctor turned on the stool said okay I pushed once and Cade David Callens was out in the fresh air. Cade, Adam, and I are all doing well and adjusting. Cade is a great baby and getting cuter everyday! We have been home since Wed. and some visitors have come by. All in all things are well and we are so happy.
Aunt Haley came in to visit and help out. We did lots of shopping and tourist things before the baby came. She was a great help in every way and we were sad to have her leave.

The proud DADDY minutes after Cade was born.

Cade finally chilling out at home. He is a really good baby!



First walk outside. Or should a say a light stroll.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Kacie he is adorable!! Congrats again! Enjoy motherhood!

Matt and Joanna said...

He's so cute! Thanks for letting me come over for a visit-you look great. Seriously call me this week if you need ANYTHING!

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

You looked FABULOUS right after giving birth!! Cade is SOOO sweet! I love the picture of him chilling out!! So cute! Welcome to motherhood!

Sarah said...

Kacie, you look great! I had my baby three days later. :-D I love the picture of Cade with his arms behind his head. He looks like a little man already.

Tash said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Good luck with everything.

Kristen said...

He is so cute! And it looks like you are doing great. I saw an LSU onesie and jacket today at Target. Adam would have loved it.

Pessoa Fam said...

Congrats! He is beautiful!I am glad that labor and delivery went really well! Good luck! Enjoy every stage. They grow up really fast!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys! We're so happy for your family. You're lucky he's a good baby!