Thursday, June 19, 2008

Horse Racing

So another perk from working at Microsoft is that the different groups have what they call moral events. Alot of times they get to bring a guest so I get to go. This last event we went to Emerald City Downs, horse racing. Of course it was a rainy day but they had a tent and food. When we got there they gave us each a $10 card so that we could bet. They also told us that whoever won the most money on the 4th race would get to stand in the winners circle for race 7. So Adam and I looked at the horses name and each picked one for race 4. Adam ended up winning $35. So we got to stand in the winners circle right behind the jockey while he was being interviewed. Jockeys are really really short. We bet on the other 4 races and ended up winning about $60 by the end of the night. It was a fun experience but only something we would do with others money!The winning horse. Adam in the winners circle

8 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

This sounds like fun. We went there last year for some work thing and had a good time. Go Adam... winners circle?

brittanyandtravis said...

How fun! That is so neat that you get to do stuff like that with his work.

The Carlsens said...

Sounds like Adam has a great job!

Sarah said...

Fun! Matt's company had a meeting at Emerald Downs and one of the guys owns a horse that won, so we all got to stand in the winner's circle. The meeting was pointless though because they had us in a tent next to the track, right under the loud speaker. I had to resist laughing at everyone who attempted to address us regarding our insurance. The food was pretty good though!

Marci said...

Kacie...I can't believe you are having a baby! You look so cute! I am so excited for the two of you...and the races looked like fun! :)

The Carlsens said...

I believe I need to see a a picture of your growing belly! You are getting close : )

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh you guys! Somehow I just stumbled across your blog and I'm so happy! Okay, so you know Megan Pessoa from gymnastics? She is one of my closest friends in SF. She told me that you were pregnant. How exciting! I'm going to add you to my links so I can keep track of baby news. Congrats!

Kristen said...

The time is approaching!! How are you doing?